Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joedavis34

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Bought it on ebay for 1/3 of retail.

My question is...if I don't want to start my subscription until about February because I won't be getting my iphone until about march, is there anyway I can input the code now and just not have it start until then, or am I better off just paying 8 dollars for shipping for the sealed package with the code in it?

g4cubed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2004
No, as far as I understand. Once the code is entered it starts your subscription.

joedavis34

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
So...I can either wait it out with this code and hope the dude who sold it doesn't use it

-or-

input it now

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
or you could hope that you get it in the first place...
If he's actually going to send it, I'd say you're pretty safe waiting. As long as you haven't said anything to him, he has no reason to believe you won't use it right away.

WhiteShadow

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2006
Washington D.C.
Wouldn't that be the risk either way?

If he sends a sealed package how could he use the code?

Just have him send it and take the very low chance that he has some how gotten the code out of a sealed package.

chrisjarmstrong

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2008
I had a free trial of MobileMe and once you input your code the trial period ends and the year starts. You do not get the extra days that were left on your trial period. If you want to use those free days, wait until the trial ends then enter your code.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.