I have a new, never used iPad -- should I keep it?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by idunno707, Apr 22, 2012.

1. idunno707 macrumors newbie

So that's the question. Have the first iPad, adaptor, dock and case. Never opened or used. Received in Apr 2010. Should I keep it and use it since it's all new to me, or would I be smarter to trade in on a new iPad. What would you do and why? Thanks very much.

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Why not use it for awhile and make your own decision. I don't think it would make that much difference pricewise on the original iPad.

3. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

You've had it for two years and never used it? Sounds like u don't need/want one at all. Why not sell it and buy something u want?

4. idunno707 thread starter macrumors newbie

My husband died suddenly and you're right, I didn't want to use it. Only now thinking I could process how to use it. Just wanted to make a wise decision and thought I should ask for help.

5. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Very sorry for your loss. If you're ready, rip that box open and go for it. Don't worry about the new one, you'll love the one you have.

6. Mandrel macrumors newbie

I've read a few posts about people looking for original iPads unopened, to keep as a collector's item. Might want to check into selling it to one of these people. You may make enough to be able to buy a newest generation.

Just a thought.

7. idunno707 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the input and the time you each took to answer. Much appreciated.