Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Why?

Especially if you have an LCD, just put the machine to sleep.

The LCDs have a light bulb in them that will burn out after so many hours, it's best to let the screen go dark, and save money, by putting the machine to sleep.

Teddy Noback

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2005
Philadelphia
joey4127 said:
Where can I download some sweet ones?

Go to http://www.plasmadesign.co.uk/

You can get a lifetime subscription for something like $12 or less, and some are free. He has screensavers and desktop wallpaper for Macs. You can even get custom wallpaper of crystal monograms. I had some made for my wife and they turned out great. I highly recommend his work, especially the abstract art.

TheStockGuy

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2005
Screen Saver

My favorite screen saver is one that is created from an iPhoto Album of my own picts! Have you tried that yet?

- TSG

CorvusCamenarum

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2004
Birmingham, AL
You can go over to this place and search for screensavers, they have tons. I especially like the Tron GL saver, but then again, I'm a dork.

What I really miss is the After Dark™ collection. Pity that it didn't work for OS 9 and beyond.

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
Plasma Tunnel is still my favorite. It is interesting to ask people to identify what they are seeing.

Link

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
I enjoyed the Star Wars screensaved a couple years ago, but thought the graphics have alot of room to improve.

The best screensaver ever is still the Marine Aquarium, though I've never seen After Dark. If it's as good as you say, it's a shame no one ever made them for OS X.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.