I have a positive comment about Apple (omg, I know)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by uberamd, Jun 12, 2009.

1. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I know its rare to see a positive comment about Apple here, but I just thought I would share an experience I had with them 2 days ago.

At work we are thinking of getting a Xserve or Mac Pro to run OS X Server for near 1,000 students in the business college within the University (I work at a University). So I requested a Leopard Server free trial DVD set and it came in the mail. We were trying it out, and it all was going lovely. Apple called yesterday to follow up. A nice guy (I forget his name) was asking about our intended use for the server, how many people would be hitting it at one time, etc. We discussed the benefits to getting a Mac Pro over an Xserve, and such benefits included non-proprietary hard drives and lower cost. He was very friendly and agreed on some stupid Xserve features (which included the proprietary hard drives). He made some hardware recommendations, and said he would stay in touch.

He wasn't trying to get us to buy or commit to anything, and he had very insightful opinions on Apple hardware and how to properly integrate them into our network, which is 90% Linux servers right now. It was a pleasant experience all around.

Thank you :apple:

2. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

That's really cool. I have always liked Apple's customer service and feel that they are very helpful and patient.

3. suburbia macrumors 6502

Apple's Customer Service agents-- not to be confused with their hit-and-miss Applecare telephone support agents, have always been tops.