I have a problem and a question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by huskernation, Jan 18, 2013.

1. huskernation, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013

huskernation macrumors newbie

So today I boot up my mid 2012 cmbp and it starts a loading bar at the bottom of the screen. It is a gray bar and after it finishes loading all the way it restarts and repeats the process. I have windows 7 on bootcamp and can boot into that fine but nothing past the loading for for osx. Any help would be much appreciated. I should also add that when I am in windows it show both partitions for the hdd mac and windows but when I tried the recovery and tried to restore via holding down the option key at boot it only gives me the option to restore to the windows partition and does not even show the mac partition.

Thanks

2. duervo, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013

duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

That grey bar on boot is sometimes an indication that the system is attempting to boot up in safe mode because issues have been detected on your disk drive.

Backup whatever you can, and then the next time you boot it in recovery mode, open Disk Utility and run the repair options on the drive. If it's not able to repair it, you'll have to wipe the drive and reinstall OS X and your Bootcamp Windows install, etc.

If it continues to happen after that, then I would suspect that it's a hardware issue ... time to look at getting the disk drive replaced.