Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunny10471

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Hello,
I have my mac pro for 1 and half year now. But just yesterday when i tried to instal my printer and put in the CD. After 5 min or so it came out.
After that incident its been going on now. When ever i try to put in any CD, it just comes out for no apparent reason. If any one has a solution for this problem please tell me.:)
:apple:

Sunny

davidleon

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2006
Go to your printer maker's Web site and download the printer driver/software from there.

chipandegg

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2007
UK
Which company made the printer?

Which model is the printer?

they will have all the info their website, you might need to update the software.

Phone them up if your not sure

davidleon

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2006
No, that is Apple's Web site. Your printer must have a manufacturer. Is the printer manufactured by HP, Epson, Lexmark, Canon, Brother, etc.?

Go to your printer manufacturer's Web site and download the latest software/drivers.

sunny10471

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
I don't understand! My comp have problem with the CD drive. Why should i go to my printer's website and download software?:confused:

My printer is HP.:p

davidleon

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2006
Sorry, I missed the "any CD" part. If you don't have AppleCare, Pioneer and Samsung make good optical drives.

MusicallySilent

macrumors member
May 23, 2007
Ok let me try to explain this

Apple care is extended warranty, if you bought an extended 3 year warranty within a year of purchasing your mac, they will replace the drive for free.

If you haven't, you are out of luck and will have to pay for the replacement out of pocket so if you are slightly tech competent or have a techie friend, you could probably install a new drive for much cheaper than apple prices.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/MacPro_OpticalDrive_DIY.pdf

Here is how to install it, if you havent bought apple care within a year of purchasing your PC you are out of luck

pwn247

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
West Virginia, USA
A Windows disc will not install into OS X. They're two different operating systems- Windows hates OS X, so any program/driver for Windows won't ever install into OS X. ;)

So! I suggest tossing your OS X Leopard install disc into the drive and putting those drivers on there. I'm sure the CD/DVD-RW driver will be included on the disc.

Also try just putting a plain ol' music CD, or movie DVD into the drive and see if can read that. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.