iPhone I have a problem with my iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by FatPuppy, Jan 26, 2014.

1. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

My iphone thinks that the ear pods are connected and there is no sound, even the music is muted and all this is because the phone caught a drop of water. To make the sound work I have to remove Accessory daemons and all comes back to normal but to remove these daemons, I need to jailbreak and I can t on ios 7.1 beta 4 and I won t downgrade to 7.0.4. Any solutions?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Not sure what you are looking for ?
    You could turn off the phone and put it in a bag of rice to see if it can absorb the water (but it sounds like the damage is done).

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

4. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I have beta 4 but the question is how on earth can I delete some daemons without jailbreaking?

5. AK10R macrumors regular

Had this happen to my 4 but it was not water. Used a can of air to clean out ear jack of pocket lint. Outside chance it will help...... good luck.

If you do use the can of air, do a short burst into the air before you use it on the phone. There may be a little condensation in can and the short burst will get rid of it.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, if you need to do that (jailbreak essentially), and you still want to have 7.1, then you should be able to do it with beta 3 (instead of 4), or alternatively you can go down to 7.0.4 and do it there.

7. cynics macrumors G4

I have a problem with my iPhone 4

I had this happen on my 4S. Insanely annoying because the phone would send all sound to the headphones even a phone call.

I tried cleaning out the port even though it was very clean. That didn't work.

Did a simple reset (home button + power button until you see Apple logo) and it fixed it. Very very strange but it's been find since and that was probably a year ago or so.

Edit, just noticed the water comment and your proficiency with iOS so you already probably tried a reset.

If bit of compressed air doesn't work I'd go for broke and try electrical contact cleaner on a q-tip with the phone off, maybe even battery pulled if you're handy enough.