I have a Problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by BigJohno, Aug 30, 2007.

1. BigJohno macrumors 65816

Ok So Im new to shooting at night but I have a bit of a problem. When I shoot in really low light conditions all my photos have these weird color dots all through the photos. You can see by the picture below. I have the Olympus E-500. How do I fix this?

Attached Files:

2. BigJohno thread starter macrumors 65816

ahhh thanks man. Looks like my camera is dead. and Im over seas and just got it shipped to me today. AHHHH the camera is like only a year old. They were saying that its because its hot out but its winter down here.

3. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

How long of an exposure are you using? I have the same camera, and while I do get some colored noise on long-exposures (~ 10 seconds) it's nothing like that. Also, do you have noise reduction turned on? On long-exposure shots it will take a second picture with the shutter closed to help find and eliminate those little buggers.

4. BigJohno thread starter macrumors 65816

Well I think that exposure was about 30 seconds. And no I did not have noise reduction on. I will try with the noise reduction on. Thanks :)

Actually I just took about a 15 second exposure with the lense cap on and it got rid of them. Thanks so much! Noise reduction fixed it.