iPod touch I have a problem...

Pathfinder55

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 18, 2007
When I plug in my iPod touch it doesn't sync my songs onto it. It doesn't even open up the iPod page. Its like it doesn't even notice of is there. Can anyone help?

Pathfinder55

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 18, 2007
Hard reset it;) I think it goes: Home sleep pressed till some logo shows up, dan let go of the sleep button and hold until iPod shows that it needs to be restored.
Do i have to restore it? Cause I really don't want to sync all of my music back on!

vividdemise

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2007
Check your ipod touch preferences... i have my ipt set up so that itunes dose not open on plug and and dose not auto sync so that there is no chance of an update

Pathfinder55

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 18, 2007
Check your ipod touch preferences... i have my ipt set up so that itunes dose not open on plug and and dose not auto sync so that there is no chance of an update
Well my iPod doesn't even come up in iTunes when I plug it in. So I don't know what to do.

vividdemise

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2007
ok have you jail broken your ipt.. and if so what methed well more like what sys are you running win, intel mac, ppc

loganran

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2007
same problem

i am having the same problem. my 5g ipod video syncs fine but itunes wont recognize my ipod touch. i have unistalled and reinstalled itunes and i have usb 2.0 and all windows updates. it will sync on a vista and another xp computer but not mine. i have hard reset it and that didn't work either

gardnerv

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2007
The specs say that you need USB 2.0 so I'd say that is your problem.
No its not. the ipod touch is backwards with compatible with usb 1.1 i am living proof. your data tranfer speeds will be **** but its better than nothing. Hey buddy, time to invest in a new computer if your's still uses USB 1.1. or you can get the card that goes into the back of it for like 25 bucks to make it USB 2.0

Pathfinder55

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 18, 2007
i am having the same problem. my 5g ipod video syncs fine but itunes wont recognize my ipod touch. i have unistalled and reinstalled itunes and i have usb 2.0 and all windows updates. it will sync on a vista and another xp computer but not mine. i have hard reset it and that didn't work either
I found out how to fix it. I just restarted my computer and then it worked fine. So the usb port must not be the problem, but my cp does sync very slow.

iCantwait

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
find a powered usb port, i had the problem on a hub and everytime a pluffed in a flash drive my ipod would disconnect,

SO: if in usb 2.0 hub, power it or plug into puter

or