Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BayAreaChef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Right now I iPhone 4 and I'm still undercontract because I this purchase the phone 3 month ago with AT&T

My girlfriend has sprint and she able to use upgrade to the new iPhone with her account

My question is since the new iPhone is both GSM & CDMA can we buy the iPhone throw sprint . Then use it with AT&T ? What will be the process of me doing this ? Is it so simple as me putting my sim card into the new iPhone or will it be more then that

If anyone know or read about this please let me know

Thanks

dfnj123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
New York, New York
This would NOT work...

The i4s's are still locked to the particular carrier that you purchased the phones from. Therefore, a Sprint i4s will only work on Sprint, an AT&T i4s will only work on AT&T, etc...

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Apple will begin selling an unlocked version of the iPhone 4 S⃣ in November, for $649 (16GB), $749 (32GB) and $849 (64GB).

I know you want to use your girlfriend's upgrade, but the only way your plan will work is if you buy the unlocked version.

BayAreaChef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Ok thanks ... I thought I read if you are overseas you can this buy a slim card with a cell phone company and it will this works

I guess I read wrong

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.