i have a question about if i jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by bndoarn, Mar 16, 2008.

1. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

i'm currently running on the official 1.1.4 firmware with the 5 iphone apps that i paid $20 to get. my question is that if i jailbreak but then decide to go back to regular firmware, will i have to pay $20 again or will i still have the five apps?

2. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

Wirelessly posted (Erendiox: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

iTunes makes a backup of your iphone every time you sync it. I screwed up jailbreaking my touch (with the January update) and when I restored it went right back to the way it was. You should be fine.

Cheers

3. bndoarn thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok, thanks for the information. i'm about to go jailbreak now, i jailbroke my touch twice before but i screwed up so i went back to official to wait for the third party apps but i don't feel like waiting til june

4. golf pro macrumors member

yes i should be fine if u mess up or what ever, with my ipod touch the first time i tryed i messed up and when i restored i did not have to pay another 20 bucks for 1.1.4

5. bndoarn thread starter macrumors 6502a

ugh. i just jailbroke and the apps are gone, oh well, lesson learned. i restored the backup from before i restored and there are blank spots where the apps used to be but the apps aren't there. also in itunes under firmware it used to say 1.1.4 (with software upgrade) and now it just say 1.1.4. but oh well. when june comes around and i decided to go back to regular firmware, i'll just email apple and tell them all i did was restored my ipod and when i got don't restoring and putting the backup on there, the apps were gone, hopefully they'll give me back the apps for free. one time they gave me back my music for free after i restored my computer. also is there anything i need to install on installer before i start downloading apps?

EDIT: i'm so sorry but i was wrong. all my apps are there now. what happened was after i jailbroke, i didn't sync my ipod right away (just restored the backup). i have about 500 songs, an episode of family guy, and two video podcast and i just didn't feel like waiting to get done syncing but now i synced it and its fine. sorry for my original post but will someone please answer the question from my original post.