I have a question about Numbers

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacDryCleaner, Jan 6, 2011.

1. MacDryCleaner macrumors regular

Hi All -

If I have a list of numbers in one spreadsheet can I have the sum of those numbers show up in another spreadsheet? And, if I change one of the numbers in the calculation I would want the number in the other spreadsheet to instantly update. I know how to do this in Excel but don't know how to do this in numbers.

Please help ....

Thanks!

2. TreoRenegade macrumors regular

3. Mac In School macrumors 65816

It depends what you mean by "spreadsheet".

You can cross-reference stuff between tables and sheets within the same document. You can not, however, cross-reference stuff in a separate document.

If you're trying to go between sheets, type your equal sign, then just started typing the sheet name. =Sheet 1, for example. It should auto-fill pretty quickly.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Right.

And not in Excel either, I think. That would be quite a trick. Document, file, ...I think in Excel, it's called a Workbook. Within Workbook A, you can have Sheet 1, Sheet 2, etc. You certainly can make a calculation on Sheet 1 that updates something on Sheet 2, but I don't think Workbook B will pay any attention to it.