Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
I have a space gray 128gb iPhone 6 Plus...Those of you that have the space gray or silver, gold, 128 GB iPhone, and you have either sold it or have it up for sale, do you think that $550 for a mint condition phone is too low? It carries an additional year of AppleCare plus and has a glass screen protector which I know doesn't mean much or is not worth anything at this point but it is in mint condition. I know that there has been a thread already discussing price of the phones etc. but I think if I posted in that thread then I won't get a response back quick enough so I started a new one. Anyway that is just a general question, is $550 to low? I can get a refund for $44 for my apple care plus. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Your title is worthless. This is an Iphone forum full of questions. (duh)

Go read the other thread.

CNeufeld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Edmonton, AB
Locally (up here in Canada), I see people asking $700, $800, even $900 for a 64GB iPhone 6+. But you can buy them for as little as $450, when you get right down to "cash in hand". It all depends on how you market it, how long you're prepared to hold on to it to find the right buyer, etc. I'd look in Craigslist for your area to see what people are asking there, and start with that.

C

Greg M

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2008
iPhone resale value isn't anything like it use to be unless you risk selling it on eBay which is full of scammers. I stopped selling on eBay after starting to get chargebacks months after the transaction. You're looking at probably about half price or less to sell it locally. Remember that most people think the cost of your iPhone was $499 through a carrier.

I've decided to go the "lease" route through Apple. I could save some money by buying and selling but it's not worth the hassle after the used market decline. Plus Apple+ is probably a good idea given what I do for a living.

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
iPhone resale value isn't anything like it use to be unless you risk selling it on eBay which is full of scammers. I stopped selling on eBay after starting to get chargebacks months after the transaction. You're looking at probably about half price or less to sell it locally. Remember that most people think the cost of your iPhone was $499 through a carrier.

I've decided to go the "lease" route through Apple. I could save some money by buying and selling but it's not worth the hassle after the used market decline. Plus Apple+ is probably a good idea given what I do for a living.

Yeah I have AT&T next. I just thought it would be a good idea to pay off the phone and try and sell it and get some of my money back. However I guess it really doesn't matter much because I could always trade it in or try and sell it at the best price possible. I do not use eBay and I never have, not sure what kind of people we would be dealing with over there. Anyway thank you for your reply and I guess I'll let you know how it goes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.