I have a real problem unlocking my phone, please help!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sergiuria, Oct 21, 2008.

1. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

I have the original iphone, it was working perfectly, until i upgraded to 2.0.1 and started freezing and shutting down, and bugs of that sort. So i decided to restore it and then use the pwnage tool to unlock and jailbreak it (it was already jailbroken) and this is where it starts toget tricky, at least for me. The last time i backed it up, i was, and (unfortunately) am, running itunes 8. So, i started the process, all was going great, when i was trying to restore it with the custom firmware 2.0. And it showed error. So, I restored it normally from itunes. And had to upgrade it, because the option is, restore and upgrade. So now, i think, the phone is running 2.1 software, I'm really not sure if the upgrade worked, it probably did. Then, i tried restoring it again, and got the error that the sim card is locked and has a pin code protection, or something of that sort. Then I decided to try inserting an ATT sim card, to see if that cleared the sim card error, and it did. But then I get the same 1600 error. What can I do?! I also tried downgrading itunes, but since the phone was already synced to itunes 8, it won't allow to access the phone trough previous versions of Itunes. Please help :confused::confused:

2. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

Did you put ANY effort into searching Google or even these same forums?
    The answers are out there.

3. sergiuria thread starter macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

Yes i have, and can't fix it. I though that if I explained my own problem, someone would be nice enough to help me

4. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

If your phone is now on 2.1 stock (which, from your post, I believe it is) you can use iTunes 8. You can download the custom ipsw for 2.1 (just google...you'll find it pretty quick) and do a restore with that custom ipsw. You will need to put the phone into DFU first. You can also use a trick that was posted here in the hacking section. I did this and it worked great:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=566298&highlight=jailbreak+answer!

5. sergiuria thread starter macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

I downloaded the .ipsw firmware from http://www.iphone-hacks.com/downloads/file/144, I used Firefox, and the download took about 50 min. So, when I open pwnage tool, and I try to select the firmware, it reads, wrong firmware bundle, and when I click the log tab, it says:

2008-10-21 22:22:37 - Loaded .ipsw file from '/Users/sergiorios/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates/iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw'.
    2008-10-21 22:22:38 - Recognized .ipsw file as iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347.

2008-10-21 22:22:50 - Loaded .ipsw file from '/Users/sergiorios/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates/iPhone1,1_2.1_5F136_Restore.ipsw'.
    2008-10-21 22:22:53 - Can't recognize .ipsw file.

The first one, is the one from the last backup of my phone, and the second one is the one I downloaded. I've tried it with different downloads, and I get the same message. I thought it could be that there is a new and different version of pwnage tool, but when I click check for updates, this i what appears, PwnageTool 2.0.3.1 is currently the newest version available.

Don't know what to do!!! please help!