Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rickeames

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2008
Mine changed within 12 hours.

Well, mine just crossed the barrier, so it's more than 12 hours at this point. FRAK. They may as well send it next Tuesday at this point as I won't be able to touch it until next weekend. I knew this would happen. My bet is it will say for delivery Monday -- of zero value. *sigh*

I have to say that this is the problem with paying for expedited shipping. It's kind of a scam if they ship so late in the week that the weekend buffers the delivery. If they included Saturday delivery, then it would be worth it, imho.

jameskohn

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2006
Connecticut
I have a FedEx tracking number

I ordered my i7 on October 20th, my order went to "prepared for shipment" yesterday, and this morning I had an email with a tracking #. Left Shanghai yesterday, will be at my door in CT Friday before 10:30.

Apple promised November, and I'll have mine on the 13th of the month. Can't complain about that. Now for the data migration...

rickeames

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2008
Well, mine just crossed the barrier, so it's more than 12 hours at this point. FRAK. They may as well send it next Tuesday at this point as I won't be able to touch it until next weekend. I knew this would happen. My bet is it will say for delivery Monday -- of zero value. *sigh*

I have to say that this is the problem with paying for expedited shipping. It's kind of a scam if they ship so late in the week that the weekend buffers the delivery. If they included Saturday delivery, then it would be worth it, imho.

As I predicted at the beginning of the week, my mac will be here on Monday. No es bueno.

MooCow34

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2008
Confirmed 'Prepared for Shipment' :D

Ordered my i7 with 8GB of RAM on the 7th and just spoke to apple today after seeing no movement. Apple confirmed it is now 'Prepared for Shipment'.

I then noticed the tell tale signs I've read about elsewhere:

UK Store Says:
Ships November, but Cancel option now greyed out as are changes to delivery address

US Store Says:
The same, but states 'Prepared for Shipment'.

Looks like these are solid indicators of some activity!

The guy on the phone says it's coming from Shanghai and likely to take "a couple of working days" likely to ship by end of Monday, so now waiting for that tracking number! :D

Man I haven't been this excited since I was about ten years old! :D:D:D

I am hopeful to have it Wednesday/Thursday.

bdeitemeyer

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2009
Anyone know the average "wait time" it is between "prepared for shipment" and actually have shipped? Mine changed sometime between 10 PM and 5:30 AM this morning, but no clue if it's going out today or not. Meaning: I'm highly doubtful I see this thing by the weekend.

Mine changed from "prepared for shipment" to being given the shipment notification/tracking number within about 18-24 hours (hard to tell because it was during the time I was asleep). Good luck!

MooCow34

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2008
As I predicted at the beginning of the week, my mac will be here on Monday. No es bueno.

Man, why so glum? My order has said Ships November for a week, they clearly started shipping units on the 10th/11th and I was thinking, man this thing isn't going to ship until lie the 29th or maybe get revised into December. I am stoked that my order has gone to 'Prepared for Shipment' and the truth is that I'll have it November and possibly some time next week.

I'm just saying, you wanted it for the weekend and it didn't happen, but hey, it could have been much worse!!!

I was late to the party both aware of the new iMac and then ordering, so I know some people ordered on like release day, so I've had much less time to wait. Maybe you've been champing at the bit for a couple of weeks longer than me :eek:)

MooCow34

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2008
Mine changed from "prepared for shipment" to being given the shipment notification/tracking number within about 18-24 hours (hard to tell because it was during the time I was asleep). Good luck!

No change yet for me, but I figured it being Shanghai it would be unlikely to move now until Monday, which is what the Apple guy I spoke to was suggesting anyway. If it moves before then it'll be a bonus :eek:)

None of this is, of course, preventing me from checking my store account less than twenty times a day!! :p

MooCow34

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2008
....If it moves before then it'll be a bonus :eek:)

It's bonus time!!! Shipped this morning (UK morning)! Estimate is on or before the 20th, which is a bit awkward as it's going to work and I'm not nec. in work on the 20th, but... UPS, and the weekend, be interesting to see how far it gets by Monday!

Not registered on UPS as yet, but hopefully it will show up on their website shortly. :eek:

So for those interested in the lifecycle of my order, is goes as follows (all dates/times UK):

* Ordered at 2.30AM, Sunday 8th Nov
* Order is i7 with 8GB of RAM, standard 1TB driver, and no installed software
* No movement until yesterday, when I rang and was told Prepared for Shipment, confirmed on US store, UK store had cancel, billing info changes disabled
* Prepared for Shipment then on the 13th of November
* No movement this morning, the 14th of November
* Now showing Shipped on US store site, estimated before or on 20th of November

Looks like they are getting through the orders pretty swiftly since they started shipping on, what was it, the 10th?

Now I was told that it might take only a couple of days to ship by plane, so it may be it will arrive before the 20th - I'll keep you all posted.

----------

Updated Delivery Info:
My tracking number updated on Apple Order Status and now UPS's website provides tracking information with the new number, beginning 1Z, the previous number was a duplicate of Apple's delivery reference.

Very excited to see that UPS have a rescheduled delivery date of Monday, so you can imagine that I a hopping with excitement now. The weekend is helping to chivvy things along, but going from Friday to Monday is awesome, so unless there's some delay internally with UPS, I shall need to clear my desk when I get home on Monday (shipping to work).

From ordering on the 8th to potential receiving on the 16th is quite awesome from a brand new, in demand item. When I ordered an Alienware notebook about eighteen months ago (for work), that took over a month.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.