I have a slight problem with non www.

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by SchneiderMan, Sep 9, 2009.

1. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

When i dont use www. before my domain name on the iphone my site will not be shown and godaddy search page will show with my sites name on the side. but if i add www. then all is good. weird i didnt change anything in the dns settings. why is this? thanks

2. kedruff macrumors newbie

It's an issue w/ the server (Apache) config file and the server doesn't know which directory to display for that request. You should file a ticket w/ GoDaddy...

3. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Had to do that maybe over 5 years ago. All good hosts do it automatically in recent years.

Sometimes your ISP hijacks the non www. traffic but this case sounds like your web hosting company.

5. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

im using mobileme to host for now because i just bought my domain 2 days ago. but never mind it got fixed by itself i guess its working now, thanks!
    but now i see that when i use internet explorer all the fonts are regular and also on the iphone. but on my safari and firefox its the fonts that i used, weird

6. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

you need to make sure your css is following the w3c compliance and it should work on all devices. to check a site search engine for w3c css and type in the web address in the box that appears