I have a slightly silly and unimportant question

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by pkoch1, Jan 15, 2008.

1. pkoch1 macrumors 6502a

pkoch1

I don't have my Mac Pro yet, and I know I could always wait until I get it...but my curiosity has gotten the better of me. When you have two Super Drives, and you press the little eject button on your keyboard, which slot opens? Does it prompt you? Does it always open the same one? Is there some special other way to open the bottom slot?

I know it's a silly question, but I don't think it's a dumb one. Thanks guys and girls!

2. McGiord, Jan 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Good question, I just subscribed to the thread to know the answer when someone post it.
    ________
    54-Degree V6 engine

3. pkoch1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pkoch1

Haha. I know I keep using the word, but I find myself very computer literate, and I just think it's silly that I'm posting on a forum asking how I would hypothetically open a disk drive on a computer that I don't have yet

4. -Noodles macrumors regular

-Noodles

lol :D

Valid and funny question. I'm looking forward to finding out too.

5. hanschien macrumors 6502

hanschien

6. pkoch1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pkoch1

Such a simple answer. Thanks!

7. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

Also, when "Show eject in menu bar" is checked in the keyboard section of system preferences, a drop down menu is displayed when clicking on the eject icon.

8. awad macrumors member

i wish i knew why my new mac pro came from apple with the option+eject key shortcut for the main drive, i dont even have a secondary drive. the eject key by itself does nothing at all. it took me FOREVER to figure that out.

9. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

As the superdrive is on an ATA bus and should be jumpered as "cable select, I'd guess that the wrong connector on the ribbon has been connected to the drive. There are instructions in your user guide for fitting a second optical drive. Follow them and change the connector over.

Another possibility is that the drive has been wrongly jumpered as "slave".

10. awad macrumors member

rather than mess with all that, im probably just gonna stick with pressing option+eject. ive been using a powerbook for the past 5 years, this is a new and scary world for me. thanks for the advice!