i have a very strange issue....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sk8r1230, Aug 9, 2010.

1. sk8r1230 macrumors 6502

sk8r1230

ok i recently bought a mac and file shared all my itunes music through my home network from my pc. i authorized itunes and erased and synced my ipod touch. everything works great except the fact that now my stereo in my car wont recognize the songs...it knows an ipod is hooked up but wont show track titles, artist names, or even track numbers. i also cant switch between songs via the stereo i have to physically do it through the ipod. it wont even count down song time or anything it just shows zero's across the display. could the newer itunes version have something to do with this?? i dont get it!

2. zjzjn1 macrumors member

Same stereo? If it is, have you synced to the same version of iTunes? On your PC and Mac? Maybe if you didn't there could be better encryption of the files on your Mac. That's my theory.

3. sk8r1230 thread starter macrumors 6502

sk8r1230

a hard restart of the ipod fixed it all right up...shoulda thought of that earlier:)

4. EllieV macrumors 6502

Awwww, skater, come on!
    False alarm, guys!
    *iPod Touch technicians walk back to mom's basement*

5. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

I am sick and tired of that god damn stereotype! Not every geek live in their mom's basement! They could live at their dad's! :p

6. sk8r1230 thread starter macrumors 6502

sk8r1230