I have an MP3 audio file issure and need some advice.

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Jokerfwb, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Jokerfwb macrumors member

I have this audio file that is rather large, 441 MB to be exact about 16 hours long. I wanted to convert it to audio book format so i could use the bookmark feature. I used MP3 to iPod Audiobook Converter. I have used this several times in the past with no problems ever. The file could be read and played in iTunes but when i put in on my iphone 4 it wasn't picked up by the ipod on the phone. So i decided to try just the MP3 version of the file.

The phone recognized it and played it, so i thought i was golden. I could pause and restart it in the same position, or so i thought. If i paused and restarted it shortly after i had no problem. I noticed once i paused it and left it off for a bit and when i restarted the file playing it was a considerable bit back from where i left off. I though maybe i messed up or something but it happened again after it had been paused for awhile. The time on the Ipod stays the same but the actual position seems to be 15 minutes back from where i left off.

I need to know if anyone has a program they can recommend that i can run the file through to fix this. Something that acts like an old fashion tape deck copier from the old days but for digital files.

2. Jokerfwb thread starter macrumors member

3. inscrewtable macrumors 68000

inscrewtable

you could use Max to convert the file to m4a, and I think you could then just change the extension to m4b. Not 100% sure on the extension change but I think it will work.