I have apps that have the wrong picture (dimmed) but correct app name?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by byulasfjazz, Aug 6, 2009.

1. byulasfjazz macrumors regular

byulasfjazz

I noticed that I have 2 apps that have the right label but the icon doesn't match..(and it appears dimmed... I tried deleting them and then re syncing... and 1 of them got fixed but the other remains dimmed. and wrong pic... its driving me crazy!! anyone had this problem or know what to do.. This didnt happen on my old 3G with the 3.0 update... but just on my 3GS....hmmm

2. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Apparently this is a current 3GS issue - a work colleague of mine had this problem, called Apple support and was told so.

Do you have more than four pages of apps? He was told that is a factor in triggering the misbehaviour.

The only remedy at present is to delete the app, reinstall and reboot (all on the iPhone).

3. byulasfjazz thread starter macrumors regular

byulasfjazz

I gave it a try.. for a good hour doing everything different still stuck with that stupid icon

any other ideas?

4. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

The only other solution I know is to nuke your phone and start again.

If I was you, live with the dodgy icon for now and hope 3.1 sorts it out. :)

5. iRen macrumors newbie

6. Baggy Spandex macrumors 6502

Baggy Spandex

Had the same problem, and I also had 4 pages of apps. Now I have three.

What I did :

Connect iPhone to iTunes. Un-sync problem apps, then sync the iPhone. Now re-sync the problem apps and all should be well. Beware though, as you may or may not lose data within that app (game saves, high scores, checkbook stuff etc...)

7. iRich1G macrumors member

This is a known bug in 3.0. I tried everything that's been suggested, from deleting and redownloading, to restoring, and nothing worked. Then I tried poster # 22's advice here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=725376&highlight=iphone+icon+jumbled+3.0 and it worked like a charm. Hopefully this has been addressed in 3.1.

8. Raidel macrumors member

I am using 3.1 beta and I have not experienced this issue. I did have the issues with 3.0 on an iPhone 3G, its not just on the 3GS as was mentioned before.

9. byulasfjazz thread starter macrumors regular

byulasfjazz

This man is my hero... thanks for finding the answer!!! 5 stars or whatever.