I have AT&T gift cards!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Trumpy, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Trumpy macrumors newbie

Trumpy

I was given two $100 AT&T gift cards for Christmas with the intent to buy an iPhone 3G. I am very up to date on all info regarding the phone, and I knew to wait until after the MacWorld in early Jan. to see about any updates. Now there wasn't any and I still have $200 AT&T cards. Should I wait until, say March, to buy one? Doesn't anyone think they'll be releasing a new-ish iPhone in Feb? There will be a new version this summer, right?

Thanks

2. andypullen macrumors member

andypullen

Nobody really knows. If Apple comes out with a new iPhone, it will most likely be this summer around the end of June. That's when the first one was released, and the 3G as well. Also, Phil Schiller just said something to the effect of a June iPhone release cycle.

Just buy one. You'll enjoy it. If you enjoy it less after they release another one, then you're probably a bit too impulsive.

3. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

They should be announced at the middle or end of June and released around July so I would definitely wait ! :D you'll be happy you did, also Phil Schiller even said iPhone's life cycles in June.

4. cytoxyn macrumors regular

cytoxyn

Add A Line

If you are worried that there is going to be a new release just buy the current 3g phone now then if and when the new phone comes out you can just add a line and get it.

5. karleaglemac macrumors regular

karleaglemac

6. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

My suggestion.

Wait.

Unless you can afford to upgrade 'if you want to' to the next best thing if indeed it does come out around June'ish'.

I'm waiting myself. ;)

7. Trumpy thread starter macrumors newbie

Trumpy

Thanks

Thanks for all the input. I really believe if I bought one tomorrow, I'd love it no matter what. But I think I'll wait a month so I can get my tax return to pay for whatever would go over the $200 gift cards...case, car charger, etc.

And then Apple will release a 32 gig iPhone. Ha!