I have both Leopard and MS Office 2008 but...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mantic, Feb 7, 2008.

1. mantic macrumors 6502a

I'm apprehensive to install either one.. I use photoshop CS3 ALL THE TIME and I keep hearing office is having problems too?

Right now I'm pretty happy with Tiger and office 2004. Am I going to have a lot of headachs updating and dealing with bugs if i install these now. I'm wondering if I should just wait untill updates and bugs have been dealt with.

Am I being a little too paranoid?

2. eswank macrumors 6502

I bought Office 2008 last week and so far I haven't had any problems. I'm using an iMac G5 and haven't noticed a issues with it. The only thing that I'm not liking right now is the load time for each program. Don't worry, it's my computer. Pretty old. My cousins have Office 2008 on their MacBook's and it loads fairly quick!

3. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

Most of these problems will probably be fixed with 10.5.2, which should be out in less than a week or two, certainly by the end of the month. Most people don't have too many problems with bugs, but just in case you're one of the ones who would have trouble with Leopard, I think it'd be a good idea to wait for 10.5.2 since it'll be coming soon enough. A week or two won't hurt.

4. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

TBO, I think it is a good idea to wait for Mac OS X 10.5.2, Adobe's updates for CS 3 regarding Leopard, and Office's first updates for 2008 before using it for *real*.
    History always repeats itself regarding new Operating Systems, and new applications. Just sit back, relax, use known-good software, and update when you are sure your production environment is really ready for those updates.

Early adopters, home users, system administrators, Mac-enthusiasts etc. will inform the needy about the issues... ;)