I have completely wiped my MBP of everything....HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AClausen84, Mar 2, 2011.

1. AClausen84 macrumors newbie

I have recently encountered problems with programs failing and such so i completely reformatted my MBP and accidently the Boot Camp Assistant with it. I have re-downloaded BootCamp_3.2_32-bit to put on a disk and install, the problem is it does nothing at all, except give me a message about how BootMGR is missing and alt-ctrl-delete to restart. I have done some research on this topic a little bit and founf out that I may only need an image file of Boot Camp Assistant but the problem is I cant find one anywhere I have looked. If you have any comments or possible ways to fix this problem please feel free to comment on here or email me at aclausen84@aol.com. Thanks again.

P.S. I have all the windows and Mac install disks but would like to make it just boot camp and Mac for right now, if possible, otherwise I have windows vista to put on it as well.

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

I'm confused. If you reformatted your Mac, I assume you had to reinstall Mac OS? If so, after you installed and updated your Mac OS, just go into bootcamp assistant, partition the space and reinstall your desired flavor of Windows.

Sorry if I'm missing the real issue.

3. AClausen84 thread starter macrumors newbie

it will not allow me to put anything on it at all, i have tried windows vista and mac leopard and no matter what it gives me a white screen like its reading it and thenit goes to a black screen that says "BOOTMGR MISSING, press ctrl-alt-delete to restart". I have wiped the computer completely it has absolutely nothing on it at all. and my mac os install disk wont work....Please help me if you can....I really need this computer for college......

4. axu539 macrumors 6502a

You need to boot from the SL installation disc an use disc utility to repartition your entire hard drive back into 1 partition. Then, reinstall OS X, then use Bootcamp to reinstall Windows 7. You should not have reformatted your OS X partition like that, since that partition keeps track of the Boot Camp partition.

5. Lncln macrumors newbie

I know nothing specific to macs, as I am awaiting the arrival of my first MacBook today, but everything will be okay.

You havent wiped your computer of "everything", and made it a paperweight or anything. I assume you just formatted your hard drive and that's that. Just take it to the apple store.

I used to format my PC all the time, and you usually had to change the boot order in the BIOS setting to boot from your CD first or something to that effect.

6. samh macrumors 6502

You're confused, I think, and it's causing the rest of us to be confused. Bootcamp only comes into play if you want to have Mac OS and Windows as boot options on the same machine. If you don't want Windows on there, then you don't need to worry about Bootcamp.

7. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Light bulb, thanks samh I had no idea what OP was trying to write.

OP, just put your Mac OS install disk in the drive and boot the machine. Like someone else wrote above, go into Disk Utility click "erase" tab and erase your laptop's entire drive ... then the system will prompt you to install the Mac OS on this drive and let it run its course.

If the system won't boot the CD, hold down the option button as it boots and you should get a CD image option for boot.

8. leman macrumors 604

1. Put the OS installation drive in
    2. Start the computer
    3. Immediately press "C" and hold it

The computer will boot of the installation drive and you can install OS X. After that, install windows the usual bootcamp way.

9. AClausen84 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried just doing the MAC OS and i get the same message as above and yes i think i did make it a paper weight lol but i surely didnt mean too....just trying to clean it up....

10. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

If you press the "C" key as soon as you hear the bong then your laptop will attempt to boot off the DVD if it isn't doing that you should contact Apple support.

11. AClausen84 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks anyways, i really do appreciate it but i will take it to the APPLE store then.

12. HacKage macrumors regular

So is the machine not booting or finding the disk at all? I can't seem to work out what exactly is happening. Do you have the OS X Disc 1 in the drive?