I have created my first iPhone/iPod Touch Application - What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by allbrokeup, May 18, 2008.

1. allbrokeup macrumors 6502

Hello all!

After three months of planning and exploring ways I could easily build an iPhone/iPod Application....I have finally succeeded!

The Objective:

• Two Buttons (One to reboot, one to Respring)
    • Explain Methods of Restarting so the non-literate iPhone or iPod User can understand clearly what each functions are.
    • Wrap all in a nice neat GUI.

Features:

• Two Buttons (One that reboots and one to Restart SpringBoard)
    • Before performing actions brings up an Alert Sheet that asks the user to confirm the action. (In case you change your mind :D)
    • Moved "iTerminal" bar to top of screen
    • All contained in a nice neat GUI

For testing, i will post the BETA app here to download. (That's if i can.)

I have included a screenshot of my application, which I have named iTerminal, at the bottom of this post.

Please Note: This application requires the Jiggy Runtime to be installed from Installer. You can find that under the Development Category.
    If anyone would be kind enough to CLEARLY explain how to set up the iPod Touch 1.1.4 Toolchain on Mac OS X with Terminal, I would really appreciate it. Two of the three months were spent trying to set it up. :D:D:D

Does anyone also know, how i would get this application on a popular Repo for Installer?

Thanks a Million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

allbrokeup

Attached Files:

2. pimmysays macrumors member

3. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

For the repo, go on ipodtouchfans and modmyifone. Submit it and you're done.

4. albinoAZN macrumors regular

So it just reboots or resprings your iPhone/iPod touch?

That's pretty neat!

5. allbrokeup thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the feedback!!! :D

I hope soon to port this to the Unofficial SDK. This is proving difficult as the toolchain is currently proving impossible to build for me. I will try NateTrue's installer for the iPhone Toolchain and pray to god that it will work with iPT 1.1.4+.
    I hope soon to build better apps to contribute to the JB' community, as they helped me start off.

Cheers and thankyou all again!!!!

allbrokeup.

P.S. Soon you will see this on a Repo!, thanks to "EvanLugh" for posting the link!!!!!:D:D:D:D

6. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

More than welcome.