I have done somthing stupid.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Rory Manton, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Rory Manton macrumors regular

Rory Manton

Hi folks. Once again I have done something stupid and ,once again , I have to turn to you for help.

I have managed to get a bar come up at the bottom of the screen which I can't get rid of. It is very wide and requires me to scroll left and right in order to read the screen. It is under the status bar and has a load of red writing in it saying all sorts of computer programming type things.

Your help would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks . Rory.

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

screenshot please? or a better description, got no idea what you're talking about :eek:

3. Rory Manton thread starter macrumors regular

Rory Manton

ok Screenshot (if this works!)

[​IMG]

'Tiss the bit in red at the bottom I want to get rid off.

4. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

You realize you didn't even tell us what application you're talking about? You just said at the bottom of the "screen". Looks like you have a problem with a web browser there. Is it FireFox? Did you install a plugin recently? It looks like a broken plugin. Backtrack to when it was working correctly.

5. Rory Manton thread starter macrumors regular

Rory Manton

Sorry I should have been clearer in my original post. I think it is due to me trying to uninstall greasemonkey as the problem started after that.

6. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I looks like you're seeing the page source, did you turn on something under the "view" menu? Check and see if any view preferences are weird or turned on that shouldn't be.

7. Rory Manton thread starter macrumors regular

Rory Manton

I am sorry Wwooden I have no idea as to what is going on on that page:confused:

I am not the brightest when it comes to computer gubbings.

Edited to say.

Thanks for all the help , I have just re installed greasemonkey and all seams good now.

In order that I don't cock it up again how do I remove something (greasemonkey ) completely from the computer?

Thanks all.

8. pjac macrumors regular

The red stuff looks related to a JavaScript error - do you have the "JavaScript Console" ticked on the tools menu?