I have few questions regarding Apple Pay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vukmon, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Vukmon, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014

Vukmon macrumors member

I am on the edge to buy iP6, but I still have few questions regarding ApplePay:

- If you spend for example $10, how much will be taken from your card, regarding all fees (you can say in percentage too)?
    - Are developers allowed to develop app that we could use for sending money to other people (for example I can send $100 to other person who uses Apple Pay app too, and lives on other continent)
    - Could Apple Pay replace PayPal? PP is killing me with high fees and waiting time (20 days) to see my money on card. Dont connect this with Ebay selling using PP, I am talking about sending/receiving money through PP.
    - Could I see (for example) monthly report on Passbook of my expenses (location, amount, date)?

Thanx for reading, I hope someone will jump in to answer on my questions :D

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

ApplePay is a means to make a credit card or debit card payment, using all the same networks and players, with greater security than swiping your card. It is not a separate payment system like PayPal.

That should cover your questions if you think it through.

3. jeremiah256 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah256

Google Wallet And Apple Pay, Sitting In A Tree: K.I.S.S.I.N.G

See if this works for you:

1. Get the free Google Wallet app for iOS.

2. Get a free physical Google Wallet debit card.

3. Add funds to the debit card via bank (recommended, as it is free) or credit/debit card (charges apply). You can now use this physical Google Wallet MasterCard like any other debit or credit card. You can also transfer funds from your card back to your bank account.

4. You now have the ability to add your Google Wallet MasterCard as one of the cards to use in Apple Pay .

6. You now have the added bonus (via your Google Wallet app) of being able to send and receive money to/from anyone via Gmail for free:

7. The Google Wallet app on your iPhone will not only allow you to see all transactions and their status when you use the card, but you can also set it up to notify you via text on every purchase.

8. PayPal is an online escrow service, different from Google Wallet and Apple Pay, so it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

4. Vukmon thread starter macrumors member

So there is no way that we will be able to send money to other people through apps that support Apple Pay :(

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I would not buy an iPhone because you want to use Apple Pay. Buy one because you like the phone. Apple Pay is a very small part of the OS and it will be a long time before it is up to full speed

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

Well that'd be an entirely different thing then, wouldn't it?

Remember: At the moment, ApplePay is the name for a substantially more secure way to pay with one of your credit or debit cards. It's an presentation/encryption/authorization method that relies on underlying credit or debit card(s).

So, if the Paypal supported using ApplePay within its app then I imagine you could send money to someone else any credit card you had attached to ApplePay.

What might happen in the future in terms of ApplePay capabilities is not something anyone out here is going to know unless they're under NDA.