I have font problems. Can someone help?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by thechokeartists, Nov 13, 2008.

1. thechokeartists macrumors newbie

Interstate
    and
    Charlotte

If anyone would be kind enough to send them to me, I would be happy to return the favor in some way.

Thanks.

2. shecky Guest

shecky

that is stealing and not allowed here. if you need them, buy them.

3. thechokeartists thread starter macrumors newbie

Fair enough. Allow me to clarify and look for help in a more specific way..

These fonts were sent to me as part of a skills test for a job that I am applying for. So, I have the fonts already. However, they are not loading into font suitcase for me, nor into font book. So instead of going back to the employer and asking them to resend the fonts and risking looking like a dolt, I am looking for some input as to why these two fonts, which are both PostScript Type 1 outline fonts, would not load into either application.

4. shecky Guest

shecky

unless i am mistaken, postscript type1 font files are platform specific. so if you are on a mac and they gave you windows files, you will have a problem.

others on here will know better than me, but i think there may be some conversion software out there?

5. LeviG macrumors 65816

Um explaining the situation (fonts will not load on my computer - explain its a mac) to the possible employer would make you look like a dolt - why? You even considered this might be part of the skills test :confused:

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

It's possible that the resource fork has been stripped from the files if they were sent by email. Always best to make a .dmg of the folder the fonts are in, or a resource-fork preserving zip file, if you're sending fonts by email.

That said, it is correct that requesting people to provide help with warez, or other illicitly-gained software is against the forum rules here. I will edit your thread title to reflect that fact.