i have got the best idea with mail and b-days...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by juanster, Apr 17, 2007.

1. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

is there any way that i can write a message on mail. and ask it to send the message n a certain date? yes i am cheating,,lol i want to write up all of my b-day wishes now and have mail send the e-mail to every single person on the day of their b-day that way i will never forget anyone.. do you guys know how to do this, or is there just no way of doing this? thx for the help in advance guys..

hmmmmmmmm nobody knows???lol ....weird thing,, this is never happend in this forum to me b4....someone aaaaaalways knowssss....

2. Wallace25 macrumors member

Wallace25

I have done a very simular thing using Filemaker Pro and Mail. I have a certain email sent to different clients automaticlly on certain days, but I use it to run a business, its $299 so would not be something to just buy for a b-day program, but it is possible.

3. rmapple macrumors newbie

rmapple

Yup! Automator will do it for you! Just launch Automator, select Mail and choose your flow "Send Outgoing Messages" Hope this helps :p

Attached Files:

4. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

MS Entourage has a Send Later option. Not sure about Mail.

5. PCRanger macrumors regular

Just to build on rmapple's reply...(hope he doesn't mind :))
    If you go into automator and select mail, there is a 'Send Birthday Greetings' option...I'm guessing this is what you want? :)

6. juanster thread starter macrumors 68020

juanster

ohhhh that' s amazing,, thnaks for your help guys...