I have gotten 3 pop ups recently. Normal?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jazzandmetal?, May 24, 2008.

1. Jazzandmetal? macrumors regular

I have the pop up blocker set to block pop ups in safari. Recently, I got some pop ups. Is this normal? How can I tell if my apple is infected with something?

2. ewilson6 macrumors 6502

apple's never get infected.

is it a pop up or a new window opening?

there are codes developed every day that will cause pop ups.

If apple wanted to update safari every day then that would be the only way to catch them all unless you use a third party application.

--Eric

3. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

When I use Safari I do get the occasional pop-ups too, but I never get them in Firefox. Your Mac is safe, though. :) No viruses.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

there are no currently known viruses or spyware for OS X, so i wouldn't worry about that too much, but some sites occasionally figure out how to get around the pop-up blockers, but it happens and hopefully the blockers get better with time.

5. Jazzandmetal? thread starter macrumors regular

It is weird I changed the mood on my myspace page and as soon as I did that this ringtone page kept loading. I opened a new tab to type in the question here and as I was typing. It popped up after every other word I typed. I rebooted and reset safari and suddenly it isn't happening.:confused:

6. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

I got the same thing. Except a new pop-up opened every minute. I closed Safari, toggled the pop-up blocker in Safari off, then on again.

It was weird, I leave the room for 15 minutes, and I come back and theres millions of popups. :eek:

Attached Files:

7. Jazzandmetal? thread starter macrumors regular

More pop ups on myspace. WTF. Are they catching on and making stuff that targets apple users and putting it on myspace?

8. Jazzandmetal? thread starter macrumors regular

9. madriley macrumors newbie

I've been getting this with myspace too, for the past few days. I emailed them about it last night and a got a response this morning, that they were aware of it and to 'please be patient'. :rolleyes:

10. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

Actually, I've been having that issue on here. I haven't seen it on myspace yet, but just tonight I've gotten tons of the same popup in a matter of seconds.

11. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Your CPU is rather hot by the way :eek: