i have had my unibody mbp for 2 months

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by youpey, Feb 21, 2009.

1. youpey macrumors member

i have had my unibody macbook pro for 2 months now, and i would like to report i have had no issues at all. the computer boots up fast, runs great, and i am super happy with my computer.
    i read so many horror stories on the site, so i thought i would post that i have a perfectly working computer with no issues.

i am planning on buying the applecare in a couple of months, and once i get my tax refund, i am thinking of buying an SSD drive (probably)

anyway, this is a great computer and i am glad i made the switch over to mac

2. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

I have had mine a month now with no issues whatsoever. The biggest one I have is I think I liked the old MBP keyboard better. I still prefer using the external apple keyboard.

Other than that, it runs crysis at 1440x900@ Medium settings playable, so I couldnt be happier! It was a real dog with 2GB of ram for what I did on a daily basis, somewhat surprising.

3. hamis92 macrumors 6502

I second that.

Nothing technically wrong with my MBP, except that one small bit of dust has appeared under the glass, and I don't know what to do to get it off.

Other than that, I've pretty much got used to the high gloss of the screen (while I still would've preferred matte... well, I'm hoping that'll be available when it's time for me to upgrade :)). I do miss the classic all-aluminium look a little bit, but the incredibly designed unibody does compensate that more than enough.

4. SteveMobs macrumors 6502

SteveMobs

That's really good to hear!

I've been very satisfied with my 2.4 Uni MB and it's good to hear that others are doing well also.

The majority of posts on MR are about problems and issues, people don't often report how well their computers are doing, so this is refreshing.