I have it all figured out!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KHC831, Aug 15, 2012.

1. KHC831 macrumors member

Sept. is usually when Apple announce new iPhone/iPod. So the rumor that Apple is going to release a new iPad next month (instead of the usual yearly release at March) is fishy.

But there is one explanation...what if the iPad "mini" is really the new iPad Touch! Everything matches! The price range, the thickness, the timing etc.

Just remember folks, you heard from me :p

2. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

3. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Or they just want to capitalize on the holiday shopping season by releasing a smaller, more affordable, entry-level product.

We'll find out.

4. iMaven macrumors 6502

iMaven

5. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

That's not the case at all. The iPhone has never been announced in September:

iPhone 4S: Oct 4
    iPhone 4: June 7
    iPhone 3GS: June 8
    iPhone 3G: June 9
    iPhone: January 9

6. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

7. KHC831 thread starter macrumors member

Starting last year it was, and it looks like that's iPhone will be announced in sept. from here on.

8. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

"Oct" stands for "October", not "September".

;)

9. Bushy162 macrumors member

Did you mean to say iPod touch? (instead of "iPad touch")

Yes, this theory is very interesting. The thing is though, I have never believed the rumours about a smaller iPad.

To be quite frank with you, I think Apple are about to release a product that is so innovative that is defies all our theories.

I think the TV is a form of iPad.

10. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Not trying to be mean, but I can't help but chuckle at all the mess-ups this guy is having. :D

11. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

So not September=September? You apparently have a very unique way of spelling September and it's interesting that you've decided 'from here on.' You must have the schedule for the next five releases handy since the only consistency they've ever had was June.

12. urkel macrumors 68030

Sorry, but that theory has been around for years. There have been many discussions about how the Touch is too redundant with the iPhone so making it bigger but without a phone would even out the product line more. So it is very possible the next iPod Touch would be a smaller iPad, but the problem is the name. Anything with the "iPod" name just feels old.

13. knucklehead, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012

knucklehead macrumors 6502a

:p Seriously under appreciated flic. Always had a thing for J.J. Leigh.

Do you mind if I call you deer?

14. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

iPad Touch??? Every iOS device is based off touch. I guarantee Apple is looking for an opportunity to drop the "touch" from iPod Touch, not add it to other models. Besides the touch for iPod Touch distinguishes it from other iPod models. I'm not familiar with a click-wheel version of iPad.

Besides, majority of clueless consumers call the iPod Touch the "iTouch". Although I never corrected customers, this got so old as an Apple salesman.

15. KHC831 thread starter macrumors member

No, I mean what exactly I typed. iPad Touch.

----------

What mess-ups?

----------

lol wut?

16. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

It wont replace the Touch. The touch has to replace the classic first, plus, two different products.

17. xnickitynickx macrumors regular

xnickitynickx

You cannot be serious... :rolleyes:

18. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

My thoughts too. I think once iPod Touch gets to 128GB (perhaps next month?), that Apple should ditch the classic.

19. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

I really think that next month is the last we'll see of the classic

20. gpatrick15 macrumors regular

My prediction was that they introduce it as a larger iPod Touch. And that's just baseless speculation. But iPad Touch sounds ridiculous and redundant since all iOS devices rely on touch anyway. Why name it iPad Touch?

21. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Hopefully. I do think it will make for a cleaner product line.

What I'm wondering is if an iPad mini really does make a debut, will the iPhone mini rumors start to pop back up again. This theory just hit me: could the existing iPhone end up being the iPhone mini once the larger screen next gen iPhone hits?

22. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

I just have a feeling that when he closes his eyes there's color bars and a tone. :)

23. Fruit Cake macrumors 6502a

The iPads always been "touch"

24. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

I hope not. An iPhone mini (smaller than 3.5'') would be a horrible device, as are most sub 3.5 inch android phones; and I'd imagine the step up to 4" for the iPhone 5/6 isnt really that big to warrant making an iPhone Mini. It can't cost that much more to build. The 4/4s will be the mini.

25. KHC831 thread starter macrumors member

You have a good point. Maybe they wont name it as such but I'm certain the iPod touch is going to be replaced by this "iPad mini".

----------

I wish there is a "explain" button because I have no idea what are you talking about.