Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

venividivigor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Since my American Visa card works here in Canada!! I was wondering if I can use it to pay here????

Last edited:

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
Did you just switch your region setting? If your credit card can be registered into Apple Pay, from what I gather, it should work everywhere NFC is accepted (so PayPass, PayWave, places where you can just "beep" your credit card with). Try and let us know!

venividivigor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Region switching worked, and I entered in my card and returned the region back to Canada, and the verified card is still there!

And I hope so! I'm gonna go test it out.

soufflegirl

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2014
Alternate 1985
I'm very interested to hear whether it does, so please let us know! Do you know whether we'll be able to easily switch back and forth between our American and Canadian cards? That will be a godsend for me!

venividivigor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
I'm very interested to hear whether it does, so please let us know! Do you know whether we'll be able to easily switch back and forth between our American and Canadian cards? That will be a godsend for me!

hahaha I'm trying to look for a store, how will i know its NFC? or do i just ask to pay with NFC?

----------

Where/how did you get an American Visa?

My dad lives in the states and has his branched off to me. But I live up here in Canada.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
hahaha I'm trying to look for a store, how will i know its NFC? or do i just ask to pay with NFC?

It looks like a sideways WiFi symbol on the terminal that you would usually swipe your credit card at.

NFC.png

13493565-the-new-way-to-pay-nfc-payments-via-mobile-phone-etc.jpg

cpnotebook80

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2007
Toronto

----------

My dad lives in the states and has his branched off to me. But I live up here in Canada.

it still asks for an address in the US like state and zip code even when selecting none as payment via itunes.

venividivigor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Tim Hortons? McDonalds they should have them there also. I am super curious about this since I travel internationally. Report back ASAP! :)

Tim Horton is right around the corner. So ill update you in a bit :')

it still asks for an address in the US like state and zip code even when selecting none as payment via itunes.

What do you mean? I have to enter my dad's address to use apple pay? The card is already confirmed though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.