Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

o.s

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
-hello I am new here and this is my firs question-
I have 24' imac that i bought tow weeks before the new imac came out :(. (long ago)
And i hard that i can do a refund on my imac and get the new one..??
And if yes.. how match money I will loss?
:)
thanks
sorry abut my English..
I am new in america :cool:

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
-hello I am new here and this is my firs question-
I have 24' imac that i bought tow weeks before the new imac came out :(. (long ago)
And i hard that i can do a refund on my imac and get the new one..??
And if yes.. how match money I will loss?

Because it is open box, you would have to pay a 10% restocking fee and shipping fees back to Apple. The return has to be done within the first 14 days of receiving the computer.

Looks like you are going to have to try and sell your computer.

o.s

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
Because it is open box, you would have to pay a 10% restocking fee and shipping fees back to Apple. The return has to be done within the first 14 days of receiving the computer.

Looks like you are going to have to try and sell your computer.

i have it for six month :(

JNB

macrumors 604
First, I don't know of any product that can be returned after six months of use; there's no reason to believe that computers in general--or Macs in particular--would be any different. Secondly, CompUSA is (going) out of business, so the question is moot.

czachorski

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2007
Sell it on ebay, and but the new one from the refurb store. I bet you almost break even.

o.s

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
First, I don't know of any product that can be returned after six months of use; there's no reason to believe that computers in general--or Macs in particular--would be any different. Secondly, CompUSA is (going) out of business, so the question is moot.

I don't care to loss money
(just asking)

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
I don't care to loss money
(just asking)

It's ridiculous to try and return it after six months... The computer is working fine, if you don't really need the new computer I wouldn't worry about it. Plus I'm pretty sure that there has been another update since the initial update you are talking about.

You'd have to sell the computer and chip in (a couple hundred) extra to get a new iMac.

o.s

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
i didn't mean to return it!
I wanted to trade it in and i know that im going to loss money on it.
and i want to get the 2.8 extreme....
and my mac is not working fine!
i had to tern it off from the back 7 times this weekend!/
(because it freezes! every day (almost))
:mad:

what sell I do?

czachorski

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2007
i didn't mean to return it!
I wanted to trade it in and i know that im going to loss money on it.
and i want to get the 2.8 extreme....
and my mac is not working fine!
i had to tern it off from the back 7 times this weekend!/
(because it freezes! every day (almost))
:mad:

what sell I do?

After 6 months, a problem with a machine goes through warranty repair, not exchange at the store. This is standard operating procedure for just about every tech product, not just Macs. Call Apple support, and have them walk you through a diagnosis. That's what the 1 year warranty is for.

I think any return/exchange with the store is out at this stage, sorry to say. Are you asking about a private dealer who might make a trade deal with you? If so, I think there are options there, but you will pay more for the transaction if you go through such a dealer, instead of doing it yourself, because you have to pay for their overhead. Plus, they are not going to touch it until it is in good working order, which means starting with Apple support for whatever might be wrong with it.

Check out any of these dealers for a trade-in.

From Mac of All Trades:
Below is the configuration you have submitted:
Model:Intel/2.16GHz iMac 24
Price: $740.00 (for selling it to them)

From a recent ebay auction:

Apple iMac 24", 2.16GHz Core 2, 3GB RAM, Applecare '09
$1352

The difference being the cost of going through a dealer. I see brand new 2.8 Ghz Alum 24" iMacs for about $2049 and refurbs for $1899 at the Apple store. So depending on how you do it, you may lose somewhere from a few hundred dollars, to upwards of $1000 or more.

I hope some of these links will give you some ideas and resources for how to go do some of this type of research on your own. Good luck!

o.s

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
After 6 months, a problem with a machine goes through warranty repair, not exchange at the store. This is standard operating procedure for just about every tech product, not just Macs. Call Apple support, and have them walk you through a diagnosis. That's what the 1 year warranty is for.

I think any return/exchange with the store is out at this stage, sorry to say. Are you asking about a private dealer who might make a trade deal with you? If so, I think there are options there, but you will pay more for the transaction if you go through such a dealer, instead of doing it yourself, because you have to pay for their overhead. Plus, they are not going to touch it until it is in good working order, which means starting with Apple support for whatever might be wrong with it.

Check out any of these dealers for a trade-in.

From Mac of All Trades:
Below is the configuration you have submitted:
Model:Intel/2.16GHz iMac 24
Price: $740.00 (for selling it to them)

From a recent ebay auction:

Apple iMac 24", 2.16GHz Core 2, 3GB RAM, Applecare '09
$1352

The difference being the cost of going through a dealer. I see brand new 2.8 Ghz Alum 24" iMacs for about $2049 and refurbs for $1899 at the Apple store. So depending on how you do it, you may lose somewhere from a few hundred dollars, to upwards of $1000 or more.

I hope some of these links will give you some ideas and resources for how to go do some of this type of research on your own. Good luck!

no way! i bought it in 2000$ and i have applecare
i will try my lack at the apple store! and i will tell you what happend

JNB

macrumors 604
no way! i bought it in 2000$ and i have applecare

Your AppleCare is limited to three years support regardless of any problems you may have, (and depending on your keyboard's layout) I think that it expired no later than sometime in 2007.

AppleCare nor the Apple Store have anything to do with trade-ins. AppleCare is only for service on a faulty machine, and the Apple Store will only service a faulty machine or sell you a new one. They do not accept trade-ins.

You will have to sell your old machine through other means.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.