I have many problems with my iphone 3g. USB Config and Restore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thedudychacrew, Sep 13, 2009.

1. thedudychacrew macrumors newbie

I have the 3g and it won't allow me to restore it by holding down the power and home buttons. It doesn't do anything. I have tried them all.

Also when I plug my iphone to the USB port on the laptop the phone says something about USB Config. And it has 4 options. Mass Storage, Webcam, COM port, PictBridge. I have tried them all and none of them sync with itunes.

I another note I also can't delete apps. I hold the app logo and it shakes but never gives me the X. This is why I want to restore it. Also there is a few apps that are in chinese. I don't know if that matters or not but figured anything can help now.

The phone has been jailbroken to my knowledge as I bought it off of ebay. I am using it for T-Mobile and need help.

2. faruqy macrumors newbie

Same problems - HELP!

I also seem to have the same problems. Can't sync with iTunes and as such have not been able to install new apps or restore the iPhone to factory settings.

Have you been able to solve the problems?

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You need to restore in DFU mode (see my sig).

4. faruqy macrumors newbie

thanks for that piece of advice, -aggie-. however, the instructions said that I am to first open iTunes and then hold the power/sleep and home buttons for 10 secs.

However, nothing is happening! (no pop-up message saying iTunes is detecting an iPhone in recovery mode)

Would be really grateful if you can assist me on this

5. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

pretty cool aggie. I didnt realize those were links in your sig!

6. waylander232 macrumors newbie

I'm having these exact same issues and I have tried many many many times to get it to go into DFU but it won't. It won't even go into recovery mode. In-fact it won't even restart when holding the power and home buttons together.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nothing you can do then besides replace it thru Apple or at an iphone repair place.
    Its a hardware issue.