I have new MacBook Pro retina 13 inch

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sophiadales, Jul 1, 2013.

1. sophiadales macrumors newbie

i want to install win 8 64 BIT on it but i couldnot ... i have new CD win 8 64bit pro, superdrive and macbook pro retina 13 : ) ...

can u please help me to install win 8 on my mac ???

there is mountain lion 10.8.4 on my mac ...

when i am calling to service center in tbilisi georgia they dont know how to install win 8 on mac ... thats why i am asking to u guys : )

2. bcaslis macrumors 68020

3. sophiadales thread starter macrumors newbie

4. sophiadales thread starter macrumors newbie

5. tlrominger macrumors newbie

The software you downloaded from apple is the drivers you will need for windows 8 after it is installed on the bootcamp partition. To start the actual bootcamp install you need to go to applications-utilities and room the actual bootcamp ap. this will walk you through setting up your new partition and installing windows 8

6. sophiadales thread starter macrumors newbie

when i am using actual bootcamp and installing win 8 at the end it doesnot works .... there is black window only .... there are videos on youtube for installing win 8 ... i am using it but :eek: it doesnot works

7. monkeybagel macrumors 65816

Where did you obtain the installation DVD? Is it a genuine Microsoft pressed DVD-ROM?

8. tlrominger macrumors newbie

If you have the partition set up you can try booting from the Windows 8 disk at start up by holding the option key down down when you here the chime. From here select the windows 8 disk for start up and see if you can install it to the bootcamp partition.

9. sophiadales thread starter macrumors newbie

i bought it on amazon.com win 8 pro 64 bit

----------

i dont know how to hold option key ...

10. niteflyr macrumors 6502a

Turn computer off. Press the "Option" key down and turn on the computer. You can let go of "option" key after start up screen appears. Then select windows disk to boot and go from there.

11. monkeybagel macrumors 65816

It should give you the instructions on how to do it. Connect the SuperDrive and insert the DVD. Open Boot Camp Assistant and follow the instructions there. It consist of dividing your disk to allocate space to Windows and create a USB drive for holding the Apple-specific drivers that are needed after installation.

I encourage you to print out the instructions if these procedures are new to you.