i have no login wallpaper

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Dr Kevorkian94, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

its just a plain blue not even a wallpaper just a solid color blue, i had a wallpaper and then i upgraded to snow leopard and the login wallpaper just wont change can anyone help i have tried everything

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

3. Dr Kevorkian94 thread starter macrumors 68020

upgrade from leopard that disc for 30 $ that apple offered. i have tried terminal commands and programs nothing has worked

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

You likely do not have a DefaultDesktop.jpg file in /System/Library/CoreServices. Pick any image, could be one downloaded from the internet, from your iPhoto Library, and put it in there, and then name it "DefaultDesktop.jpg" You should then have in the background of your login window your selected image.

5. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

6. Dr Kevorkian94 thread starter macrumors 68020

yes i do have a default desktop file if i change it the file will change but the blueness is still there iv e tried terminal commands and a couple programs

Attached Files:

7. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

He's talking about the log-in screen not the desktop.

8. allan.nyholm macrumors 6502a

allan.nyholm

Remember that the spelling of the wallpaper must be with capital D's. It looks this way if I misspell or delete my own login wallpaper. Sure is odd if you are unable to get it back.

9. Dr Kevorkian94 thread starter macrumors 68020

everything was spelled correctly hadn't had a chance to go to the apple store cuz i am really sick

what drive controls the login because i was thinking of just repairing it (using disk utility) but if it is "macintosh hd" i did that already so idk