I have nothing wrong with my new iPad

crghwkns

macrumors member
Original poster
May 31, 2011
It's true, and believe me I don't intend to mock those with the various issues being raised in today's threads because I went through that last year with iPad 2. And my iMac.

But the fact is, I have no manufacturing defects with my new iPad and felt like thanking Apple for this rare victory. Thank you, Apple!

Feel free to share you incredible stories of receiving non-defective iPads below.

ct2k7

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2008
London
Honestly, nor do I. I have no complaints here. That said, my iPhone 4S is noticeably more yellow than my 4, but I've become accustomed to it.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
I've been waiting for over 4 hours for the restore/sync to be done, so I can't say yet for sure. From what I've seen so far, it looks good....

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
It's true, and believe me I don't intend to mock those with the various issues being raised in today's threads because I went through that last year with iPad 2. And my iMac.

But the fact is, I have no manufacturing defects with my new iPad and felt like thanking Apple for this rare victory. Thank you, Apple!

Feel free to share you incredible stories of receiving non-defective iPads below.
Congratulations! It's worth pointing out a success like this. I'm very scared of backlight bleed.

khollister

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2003
Orlando, FL
lookin' good here too - no yellow screen or backlight issues I can see. The native white point is a little warmer (closer to D65) than my iPad 1, but it looks better to me. Of course I'm a photographer as well as a videophile that extensively calibrates my TV's with a spectroradiometer and ChromaPure software, so I'm used to looking at D65 displays.

kim2272

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2010
Sunshine State
Lucky! I have a couple of dead pixels on mine. No big deal, I called apple to ask for a replacement and the representative was so nice about it. He set everything up for me and then asked if I would like a free smart cover for my issues. So everything worked out! I love this screen though, everything looks so crisp.

ninaco

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2012
VA
My first iPad. It's amazing! The screen quality is blowing me away. And, it's really fast.

xak

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
OP, where did you iPad come from? Was it an early preorder, retail like Best Buy or Walmart, or what?

bjmach

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2008
I'm perfectly happy with mine as well. I posted a few pics in another thread and others said my screen is yellow but I don't see it that's all that matters

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
OP, you've just not been reading enough threads. If you hang out here a few more hours, several new issues will "magically" appear in your new iPad. This place generates its own virus.