I Have Problems Changing My Login Screen

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by judygsq, Jun 2, 2015.

1. judygsq macrumors newbie

judygsq

so I read that you can customise your login screen by saving the desired login screen wallpaper as com.apple.desktop.admin.png then move it to Macintosh HD > Library > Caches

I'm supposed to be able to see my new login screen wallpaper when log out to log in again, but the old wallpaper is still there, though I have already deleted it.

after giving up, a few log outs later, my desired wallpaper popped up. I got happy. then the next time I switch on my macbook, it's gone.

so basically, the login screen wallpaper keep changing. but I only have one com.apple.desktop.admin.png file in that /caches folder.

I don't know what's the problem. please help.

thanks in advance!

2. bmac89 macrumors 6502a

bmac89

You need to lock the login screen wallpaper otherwise the default login screen will re-appear.
    Here are the steps to change login screen and lock the file.

Thanks goes to user: jimmyj3rd who posted this in the following thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=20545092#post20545092

3. Yakibomb macrumors 6502

Yakibomb

I've always wondered if I could do this, but gave up after my first failed attempt. Would be nice if :apple: gave us a setting to change it

4. bmac89 macrumors 6502a

bmac89

You can do it and it is pretty easy when you know how. Follow the instructions in my post above.

5. judygsq thread starter macrumors newbie

judygsq

so now I wait for my desired wallpaper to show up and lock it after that?

6. bmac89 macrumors 6502a

bmac89

I did it straight after logging out, but I didn't have the issue you describe. You may have to try both methods and see if either works. Keep a copy of the original file if you like.

Just a thought are you using an admin account or standard account? Also are you the only user logged in?
    I will run through the steps on my yosemite machine later, just to check that it is still working on the latest version.

7. judygsq thread starter macrumors newbie

judygsq

I'm using the admin account.
    and here's an update:
    it doesn't work, still.
    although the desired wallpaper does appear more frequent, but it keeps switching, from my desktop wallpaper to a dark brown solid colour wallpaper, then the desired one. and I locked it. it still keeps switching.
    is it because I'm using the admin account?