I have questions about the iphone 3g.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Poat84, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

I have a couple questions for Iphone3g:

1. Can you get the iphone 3g for tmobile? if not can you get it unlocked for tmobile?

2. Does the phone come with t9 text? can you download a program for t9?

3. What are pros and cons about iphone?

4. How much is your bill a month with text ( I text a lot)?

5. what service do you have with iphone 3g? Is the service good?

6. Is the iphone 3g worth it?

7. Is the iphone 3g windows or palms?

My sprint contract is ending in May and I am thinking about getting the iphone 3g. i have the treo 755 with the sero 500 min plan and everything unlimitedfor $30. I do drop calls and after taxes my bill is $28.58.

Thanks for your help.

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

1) Not the 3G. The first gen iPhone you can.

2) No. T9 on a phone like the iPhone would be dumb. it's like having t9 on a computer. It's extremely easy to type once you get used to it.

3) Research. It makes you cooler? It's the best phone? Those are true.

4) We have 2 iPhones. i have unlimited text. Our bill is $160. With your bill, it will be about $90 - $110

5) AT&T. Again, Research. The iPhone will more than likely always be exclusive with AT&T.

6) Seriously? Of course. That's why the iPhone outsold RIM.

7) Neither. THIS IS APPLE.

Please, research all of your questions. These are the basic of basic questions, and have been covered countless, and countless times.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

1. You cannot buy it without an AT&T plan. You can get a TurboSIM or something and put it on T-Mobile, though.
    2. Eh? Ah. T9. Got it. I never use it with my craptacular phone, but the iPhone's typing correction is second to none.
    3. Pros: best phone on the planet. Cons: No copy/paste, that's about it
    4. Depends on what plan you get from AT&T or any other provider, should you choose.
    5. Can't help you; I only have the original and I don't have service anyway.
    6. As opposed to... what? The original? Sort of. As opposed to... any of the "iPhone killers" out there? Heck, yes.
    7. Get out, troll. IT'S OS X. As in, a phone OS that actually works.
    8. You can't have the iPhone on Sprint or Verizon, but your bill from AT&T will be a minimum of $70 a month.

4. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

The iphone, imho, is not a great phone for texting. Its adequate but you may want to look at the MMS issues or the lack there of.

If I was paying $28 a month for a cell phone plan I don't think I would be looking elsewhere

5. Poat84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Poat84

Thanks for the input. I want the iphone but ive heard the reception for iphone isnt that good.
    I dont know about paying $160 a month for a phone

6. milani macrumors 68000

milani

The OP said that was for two phones... one phone is half that if not less. My bill is 87 dollars usually.

7. Poat84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Poat84

what kinda plan is it? I need 500 minutes and unlimited text, free calls after 7pm.

8. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

If it was explained to mecorrectly ATT is free your mobile to any mobile minutes.

unlimited text is $30 a month.
    The cheapest ATT plan is 450 minutes free mobile to mobile, and after 9pm, and weekends. Monthly $40
    data plan with iphone is $20 for unlimited usage.

Reception depends on where you live.
    for instance I have an non-3g ATT tower literately in my back yard. Verizon reception at my house is no bars. Sprint/nextel used to be 1 bar. Now onthe tower in my backyard full bars.

Verizon where I work 2 bars, ATT 5
    Verizon at the mall 5 ATT 2

So it all depends where you are at.

9. wadejc85 macrumors 6502

Why don't you go to an Apple or AT&T store to check it out? You'll be able to try the phone and get some monthly cost estimates.

Nights (i.e. free calls) start at 9 PM, but you can pay an additional fee to get it at 7 PM, instead.

EDIT: Just found out that for my family plan, it would cost me an extra $16.99 a month to start free calls at 7 PM. That's a hefty price tag for 2 hours difference.

10. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

The other questions I can chalk up to being lazy and not searching or visiting the forum threads. But if you are asking these two questions, then there is no nice way to say this, but, you are not ready to buy an iPhone.

(To answer the above two questions: no, the iPhone doesn't have T9 text input, and there is no app for it because T9 wouldn't be appropriate anyway. And the iPhone runs neither Palm OS nor Windows Mobile.)

I would take the advice of the poster above this message and go to an Apple store and have a look at the iPhone yourself.

11. Poat84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Poat84

hmmm The 450 minute plan would be perfect.

So my bill would be:

$40 plan
    $35 unlimeted web & Text package

How much is insurance?

12. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

uh, the data plan is $30, and the unlimited text is $20, so that's 50 right there, plus the plan.

13. grandmachar2002 macrumors member

grandmachar2002

yeah 50 for unlimited evrything. you ony get 200 texts for the 35 dollar plan

14. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

Gamble from HT???
    http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2348773&page=14

15. Poat84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Poat84

Hey John its me Gamble. (Aaron). My sprint contract May and I am going to pick up the iphone 3G.

on ATT.com it says they offer Unlimited Web&Text for $35

16. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Did you even hit the compatible phone option? iPhone isn't listed in there.

As i'll say for the 2nd time, Data plan is $30, unlimited text is $20, and then whatever minute plan you get.

Honda, lol..

17. grandmachar2002 macrumors member

grandmachar2002

only way arount it is to unlock