I have read posts like this one a million times...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by coday182, May 22, 2007.

1. coday182 macrumors regular

coday182

... but who cares!? I just got my macbook (1st laptop, 2nd mac) and I loooove it. It's the white 2.16 model with 2gb ram. This thing flies (compared to my mac mini 1.5 core solo). I am so happy. Anybody waiting to buy MB should pull the trigger. Trust me you won't regret it. The longer I own it, the more I realize how glad I am that I got it because I don't see how a MBP could do email, web browsing, and some other light stuff much faster. Of course, I can't speak for you people that actually need a dedicated graphics card, but you get my point.

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

I think your sig hits the point perfectly. Some people buy the MacBook Pro to fulfill their iEgos, when a even a MacBook is overkill for their needs.

I was really disappointed when the Intel Mac Minis were announced, because I was in the market for a portable, and I thought the Intel iBooks (they weren't MacBooks at the time) were going to be a portable version of the Mac Mini. I nearly fell off my seat when I saw the baseline MacBook had a 1.83Ghz Core Duo chip!

My parents were annoyed, because 6 months earlier, they put down $3000 to buy the 1.83GHz MacBook Pro, and I was going to get a computer which was as fast as theirs for half the price :p

Enjoi your MacBook, mate. I honestly believe they are the best notebooks on the market today in terms of power vs price :D

3. jng macrumors 65816

jng

MB is definitely best bang for the buck.

But the MBP is not just for the egos. I love the larger real estate and non-glossy screen. I have issues with my eyes.

4. shwc macrumors regular

RE: "I have read posts like this one a million times..."

Look, I have told you a few zillion times not to exagerate.. ;-).

Congratulations on your new computer! I am jealous.
    I am still waiting for the mackbook pro refresh.

5. lil' brudder macrumors 6502

I hopefully will be posting something like this in the next two weeks...hopefully....

6. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

7. warfa macrumors regular

8. Cindynjgirl79 macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

i just got my MB in Dec and I feel the need for more ego! I don't need it I WANT IT!!!!!:eek:

9. coday182 thread starter macrumors regular

coday182

10. sparkyms macrumors 65816

my new macbook is definately, along with my 24inch iMac, is one of the best purchases i have ever made.

11. Yogie macrumors newbie

yea I just got my new one yesterday. Same specs at the thread starter but with 1 GB RAM. I do plan to update it though.:) I have the middle version of the Macbooks