I have really slow 3g connection with iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kokoui, Sep 3, 2010.

1. kokoui macrumors member

Hello,

I have an iphone 4 and i noticed that my 3g connection is really slow, same speeds with gprs, there is no difference. I do not think is a reception issue because I am getting full 5 bars and the 3g icon is visible. I put it side by side with an iphone 3g and using the 3g network, iphone 3g was much much faster.

I read some threads about this situation that i might have a corrupt APN config file, I found that file deleted and and then restore the iphone but with no result , then I restore dthe iphone as new and again without any result.

Any other recommendatios? Has anyone had a similar problem? Thank for your time.

2. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

If the phone appears to be OK

1. reset network settings..

2. replace sim card...

3. Contact carrier to find out if there is a data issue in your area. I know my providers data network went down a few weeks ago.. I had 5 bars with 3G but could barely get any data speed.

4. Go to Genius Bar and get a replacement.

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

could be the webpage, but....

probably the area (too many people using the same tower there maybe)... Yesterday I was in an area w. full 3G signal but the internet was ultra slow, when I came back to my apartment w/ again full 3G signal the speed for the SAME webpages were fast.