I have scratch on my UMBP Glass screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nonentity, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Nonentity macrumors member

It's relatively deep, I can feel it when I rub my finger over it, it's getting quite distracting because its acts like a prism and creates a rainbow of colours.
    I have no idea how this happened! Any suggestions on the best way to remove it? If I take it into apple will they be able to do anything?

P.S. Crappy picture can be found here:http://yfrog.com/bed3kj

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple will fix it for you but because its not a warranty issue they will charge you for the repair.

3. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

thats a bummer dude. but like maflynn apple will fix it but not under warranty.

4. Nonentity thread starter macrumors member

Darn it. How much would a new screen cost? I'm pretty sure just the glass can't be replaced. I don't particularly want to fork out for a new screen though, so does any one have any tips on how i could attempt to remove it?

Thanks for the help all!

5. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

A new screen would likely cost upwards of $200-300 USD. Replacing the screen yourself may save you a bit, but it will void your warranty.
    If the scratch is just aesthetic, get some glass crack filler used for cars. That should fill in the scratch and level out the screen.

6. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

It really doesnt seem that bad.. I second geoffreak! Do some research and googling!