I have Scratches on Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mpdrouin, Jun 19, 2009.

1. mpdrouin macrumors newbie

I bought a 3G about 3 weeks ago, For 99 bucks, I think I am happy with the 3G over the 3GS. Here is my question/problem.

I have a few scratches on the screen. The dude at the ATT store did a great demo where he took a key and hacked away at the iPhone screen for a good minute and, viola, no scratches.

On my phone, I have accumulated like 5 or 6 scratches on the screen with the longest being about 4 millimeters. They aren't that noticeable right away, but if you tilt the phone a certain way, then you can see them.

I have been reading here that many people seem to have 'naked' phones and never get a scratch on the screen. Obviously, I am too rough with the phone and have accumulated a bunch in just three weeks. I typically keep the phone in my front pocket. That pocket has no change, no keys, no nothing; just the phone. And when it is not in my pocket I have it resting on it's back. I have an ifrogz cases (which I don't really like) so the back has no scratches.

Before I go to an ATT store, does anyone have any experience with getting scratches on the face within the first 30 days of owning a phone and getting it replaced? Is there a special magical cleaner that may buff out these scratches?

I am going to need to get a screen protector - I am to much of a goofball to keep this thing looking good.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

How do you use it and do you keep it in your pocket with your keys/change?

If it goes in my pocket, I make sure the pocket is empty

3. 226896 Guest

You obviously didn't read the whole post...

4. diabolic macrumors 68000

No, they won't replace the phone for free when there is normal wear and tear or accidental damage.

I don't think there is a shortage of people trying though. I dropped my 3G and it flew across a concrete driveway and ended up pretty smashed up. When I went to Apple to replace it, they were surprised when I wasn't upset that I had to buy the replacement phone. They said most people act like they're entitled to a new phone when they damage their original.

5. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

If you're still with in your return policy I wouldn't even worry about it, they probably won't even notice.

You're saying you want to return the phone for a 3GS right?

Seriously, most of these employees don't give a **** about anything, just tell them you want the new phone, unless you get some anal retentive prick you will have no problems with some light hairline scratches on the front of your phone.

That's my opinion anyway...