I have some confusion about iphone x launch day

esaelias

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2016
i went to apple store and they said well on friday you will be able to reserve and pick up a phone on friday

is this true

or does he mean we all have to line up and get it?

noah82

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2008
San Diego, CA
If you want a reservation, you will be able to attempt to make one beginning at 6:00am local time on November 4th if your local store has any stock available.

jhearty99

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
I highly doubt you will be able to walk in during the day and walk out with one. Pretty sure you will need to line up. Obviously depends on the stock they receive which I doubt the employees even know yet.

Dmal99

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
Even if you had to have a reservation to get a reservation to get a reservation to get a reservation it wouldn't matter. Whatever the first step of the process is, there's ALWAYS going to be people lined up. With Apple and Nintendo it usually means lining up days before. I virtually GUARANTEE you there are idiots lined up RIGHT NOW at some apple stores.

Reactions: ABC5S

Renho

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
i went to apple store and they said well on friday you will be able to reserve and pick up a phone on friday

is this true

What he means is, they will come out to the line and give all the walk ins a reservation ticket for what phone you want. This is so they know how many people they can tell they will get them and so they can tell the rest they wont be getting them so they wont have to wait in line anymore.....

Reactions: Jumpie

bchreng

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005

is this true

Are Apple stores allowed to let customers know how much stock they have?

bchreng

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
They don't even know, i just asked one today. They have an ipad that either has a green check mark next to the model or not...
That kinda sucks. Was thinking of calling around and asking various stores to see where I’d have the best chance of snagging one.

Renho

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
They don't even know, i just asked one today. They have an ipad that either has a green check mark next to the model or not...
But i am sure the GM onsite knows, he has to. To make sure he got all of his stock. But all the reps don't know squat.
[doublepost=1509398589][/doublepost]
That kinda sucks. Was thinking of calling around and asking various stores to see where I’d have the best chance of snagging one.
If you know the GM of a store than yes. But no way you will ever know that. First tho, i would check the night before which stores are starting to have lines and which ones aren't. Then you can get an idea at least of which ones are hotter than the rest. i waited last year. Put my chair in line at 7pm the night before cause i saw another chair there. I was second in line so i knew i was getting one. i made a deal with the first guy in line that we take shifts. so i was able to go home and sleep for 4 hours and vice versa...

Reactions: Jumpie

esaelias

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2016
i meant like last time....iphone 5 days.......when iphone 5 released every night you could reserve the iphone for next day depending on stock...is that the case in iphone x

Buddhake

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2016
i meant like last time....iphone 5 days.......when iphone 5 released every night you could reserve the iphone for next day depending on stock...is that the case in iphone x
We don't know the pace of how quickly the stores will get new stock yet, but I have seen screenshots that the reservation system will be back in use on 4 November 2017, so that means reservations will likely be back this year.

esaelias

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2016
We don't know the pace of how quickly the stores will get new stock yet, but I have seen screenshots that the reservation system will be back in use on 4 November 2017, so that means reservations will likely be back this year.

so that means refreshing apple pages all night