I have some positive things to say....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thomasfxlt, Jul 13, 2008.

1. thomasfxlt macrumors 6502

...in spite of activation issues at the Apple Store on launch morning. I was #4 in line in and thus one of Pavlov's dogs. 1.5 hours later I had my two phones and off I went. I'm also concerned about the battery, but I'm going to reserve judgement on that for a week pending further charge cycles and use monitoring.

The potential of this platform and device is mind-bending. The early apps offer a glimpse of the future. The iPhone is relatively stable after a year of "public beta" and the 3G model takes us to the next step in a much bigger plan. Apple needs a chip that can really power this device. That's why they bought P.A. Semi. If they get a design that can allow for background apps, lower power consumption and manage all the traffic from all the sensors and radios, they'll put the nail in the competitions coffins. In the meantime, they've romanced and seduced the developer community pretty effectively to rev up.

The iPhone's course is set. They might fly a few test pilots into the ground along the way, but this thing is amazing.

I lost my 2G in London 6 weeks before the 3G launch. The first week I was pissed. The second I was living with it (until WWDC and I found out I had to wait until July 11 for my new phone). By the end of June, I was really missing my iPhone. I substituted a decent Nokia for the wait and I can honestly say that I despised going back to a traditional phone. It was reliable and well built, but the UI is like using a hammer and chisel to write a book compared to what Apple has done.

I'll live with all the road bumps. It's the best lifestyle device ever built in my opinion and it's damn good. It's not perfect by any stretch, but nothing else comes close. Yeah, other phones have had 3g and better cameras and you can watch TV on some in Asia.....Nothing does what iPhone does and the competition is literally in choking in Apple's dust. There are lot's of bloggers on Wall Street using their columns to hold back the stock, help the shorts, keep their long positions in the competition safe, but nothing is going to stop the iPhone juggernaut.

2. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

Dude I agree with you....By launching with over 550 apps, apple came strong and serious. The app store is what makes the iphone...and nobody has multitouch

3. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

i agree as well. apple came into the market one year ago and they have by far the most advanced phone. its genius. hands down

mms: never used it before, no need
    Video recording: eh..
    copy and paste: never needed it on the iphone or my itouch

4. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

I agree with you as well, even with some of the hiccups like poor 3G reception I love this device. It's simply the best thing since sliced bread and perhaps the 2nd coming of christ.

I had no activation issues on Friday morning. In fact, I was #60 on the line for Apple's SoHo store and I was out with my phone fully activated by 8:15 AM. They really did a fantastic job!!

5. sel1965 macrumors member

It's a great phone but second coming of Christ, come on now let's be real.

6. hard-case macrumors regular

hard-case

I have nothing but love for the men and women of the Apple Store - Cherry Hill, NJ. Many of them went above and beyond the call of duty that day, and throughout the day they kept their professionalism and more importantly their open, positive, and customer friendly demeanor. Even and especially when being berated by irate members of the iPhone line as well as dealing with the abysmal level of support from AT&T.

As for the phone, even coming from a 1st gen....the more I use this phone, the I'm impressed with it, and extremely pleased with the purchase. Aside from my AT&T issues, that is....

7. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Yeah, it's way better than that. :cool:

8. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Fine, I'm sorry. Maybe the iPhone in fact *IS* God! :eek:

9. calvy macrumors 65816

**** it's better than that for me. Not all of us are religious whackos here.

10. jsimpson macrumors regular

jsimpson

Come on now, is it necessary to call myself or anyone else religious whackoos? I hated to hijack this thread but that was out of line really; along with some of the above comments. I would hope we could all respect each other and not make comments like that and discuss products we all like(well most of us like,LOL). Just my 2cents... (I am not trying to provoke an argument either, just standing up for what I believe):)

11. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

Woot Hooooo FINALLY! I have found someone thats happy with the phone. Everyone is just flaming it like theres no tomorrow.

12. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

Yes there is somebody like me who absolutely loves the iphone.. and has no complaints!!:apple::apple:

13. davidlw macrumors 6502a

Yes this is the most incredible phone to date. The future is going to be even better. I cant go there with the second coming thing though.