I have some problems on my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alekbondegaard, Dec 28, 2010.

1. alekbondegaard macrumors newbie

Hello everybody. I've just got a new 15" i5 MBP for christmas and i already have some problems with it.
    First problem is; I were checking the quality of the screen while watching movies, and therefor i put Simpsons the movie into the dvd-slot, and then i forgot to take it out again. It was in the dvd-slot all night, and now i can't get it out again. I have tryed several times to eject it from the dvd-player menu, but i doesn't work. And sometimes my MBP get very noise but just for a minute or two. I don't know if that's just the fans to prevent it from overheating, but i believe that it is the DVD-slot.

Second problem is; When i open a program, open the computer or i just make my HDD work, there comes this kind of ticking noise from the above right side, i think it is. I doesn't really annoy me that much, but i just want to know if there's something wrong with mu HDD.

Third problem is; When i press or lift my finger around the touchpad there comes this litte kind of springy, metallic noise, and i know that it is the motion sensor thing, but i just want to know if i can shut it off, and if it is a good idea to shut it off.

2. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

it sounds like you may have a defective machine. Are you near an Apple store to get service?

Holding down the button on the trackpad while restarting may eject the dvd.

3. alekbondegaard thread starter macrumors newbie

No, there is no official Apple Store where i live, but can i call Apple if i didn't buy it at an Apple Store or at apple.com?

4. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Yes, you can. As long as the machine was legally purchased, you have a full warranty with Apple for 1 year, plus free telephone support for 90 days. You should give them a call and they can trouble shoot your issues by phone. If they cannot help you, they will send a box to you to return the laptop for further testing/repair.

5. alekbondegaard thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, thank you very much for your help. Very appreciated :)

6. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Yeah, call them up. It sounds like you have a few different issues which you shouldn't have to be putting up with on any new machine.