I have TeamViewer on my iPhone... Am I in danger?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lamborghini392, Jun 2, 2016.

1. lamborghini392 macrumors member

Following the huge teamviewer hack today/yesterday involving thousands of people having their bank accounts drained because criminals are remotely connecting to their PCs using teamviewer, does this also apply to mobile devices like iPhones? Because I have TeamViewer on my iPhone to remote desktop connect to my school computer account (our school uses it a lot). This is going to be hell for the school's IT department but do I need to be worried? I haven't noticed any suspicious activity on my bank account or websites with autofill PWs but I want to make sure this can't affect me. Obviously I deleted the app. Thanks.

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Do have zero passwords or predicable passwords? If so, yes. If not, no.

To be certain, put your information into:
    https://haveibeenpwned.com/

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

It sounds like you have a client app and not the server app. It would seem the risk is on the server side where the device can be controlled, rather than the client side that is used to control the device.

4. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

Was just reading about the TeamViewer issues. I don't think I'm at risk because it appears the hacks are related to several other sites that were hacked in the past, and I was not using any of those sites when they were compromised.

Nevertheless, I just deleted TeamViewer from both my Mac and iPhone. I don't need it, only installed it recently to play around. If I need it in the future, I will re-install.