I have this stupid ichat problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by callofdutyforps, Apr 30, 2008.

1. callofdutyforps macrumors newbie

Ok my computer is a mac OS X 10.4.11 w/e it is.
    Any ways when i got on i saw a grey shaded question mark behind the ichat symbol. I clicked to open, it did nothing. Then i accidently dragged to desktop and poof it was gone. How do i get it back and where do i get it back, Plz someone who cares help me out. - TY
    P.S.
    I made another account to see if ichat was there and i just saw the question mark on the toolbar and no ichat symbol, this question mark mean and can some help me get ichat back, because apple has a later version to download for computers with cameras only, Once again god bless who fix my problem.
    :(

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

a dock icon is just an alias (shortcut) to the actual application wherever it may be (usually in the Applications folder). when the dock icon shows a question mark as you click it, it means the dock cannot find the original app.when the dock icon goes "poof" all you are doing is deleting the alias. you can put it straight back if you wish by just dragging the original application back to the dock.

now if the iChat icon is still showing a question mark after you clicked it in another user account it probably means that iChat has been moved or deleted from the Applications folder and the dock cant find it. is it still there? have a search for it in Spotlight.