I have "To" addressees on emails that I cannot account for!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ETiPhoneHome, Aug 10, 2009.

1. ETiPhoneHome macrumors newbie

When I create an email and touch "To" and start typing, I see email addresses I cannot account for. They are NOT in my Contacts directory. Where does the iPhone pull email addresses from? :eek:

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

3. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Addresses you might have sent to before?

(yes your iPhone remembers all of that, and there's no way to erase it so far)

4. ETiPhoneHome thread starter macrumors newbie

Ummmm, this is so stupiddddddd!!! Someone at Apple should be beat for something so ridiculous. You have to *wipe* an iPhone to get rid of autocomplete email addresses? Now, THIS sounds like something Micro$oft would do. Seriously.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

And before you bother, even deleting the email account doesn't fix it. Yes, it is stupid. We should have access to at least that, but we should have a lot of things, correct?

6. ETiPhoneHome thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure about a "...lot of things" because I really have very little issue with the iPhone (don't bring up voice-dialing ;-) ).

I would have thought you could right-to-left slide on one of the autocomplete entries to delete it. Wouldn't that make logical sense. Nadda.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yeah, voice dialing peeves me too, since it's one of the only reasons I'd even want a 3GS. It would be so simple to let us have that for a 3G.

The other things I was talking about were not the features that the 3GS has though. I think we should have access to some part of the flash drive to save docs. We should have a search in mail body. Stuff like that.

Edit: I must have some kind of issue today with my "have's" :)

8. ETiPhoneHome thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, you made me think of something else, isn't it stupid you can't search the current site in Safari for text? Is that dense or what? Now, you can fix that with a browser replacement though.