I have to install all updates twice now before they disappear.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by richard371, Nov 16, 2009.

1. richard371 macrumors 68000

:mad:Every time I see an update in the app store on my iphone install it, it installs fine. I check updates and it is still there and i have to install it a second time before it disappears. Anyone seen this?

2. PrinceDraven macrumors regular

same here

yep, had exactly the same last weekend, seems to working fine again now though.:confused:

3. jmccray macrumors regular

Wow. This is happening to me too. So annoying!!!!

4. gmagnes macrumors member

Repeat Update Install

Same problem for me too. Did some updates last evening that seemed to work, but that was only one time.
    Gerry

5. Mr. Gates macrumors 68020

Mr. Gates

--Redmond --------- ----------------Washington---
    this is only happening to me with " Ghosts'N'Goblins " but it IS irritating. I have let it update 4 times now. I gave up.

What are the Apps you are having a problem with, maybe we can pin piont the problem. Like if they were all released the same time.

6. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

And....
    ...now it's happening to me.

Just downloaded an update of "Pianist" twice now...and it's STILL showing up in the app store!!!! Really don't want to keep downloading it... :-(

7. sfditty macrumors regular

This has been happening on occasion for me since 2.0 was released. It seems to go in phases- it will last for a day or a couple of days, then be fine for a few months. It's been happening for the past couple of days for me. It *just* stopped right now, literally 5 minutes ago, with the last app update. It's very annoying, and very sloppy on Apple's part. There's no excuse for this kind of ostensibly very simple problem to fix to remain OS version after version. The app store app can't figure out that if I have xyz 1.1.2 installed, I don't need to install 1.1.2 again?

8. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

Same here, I have to install most app updates 3/4 times before they work.

9. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Same here. I had to download that one 3 times to make it go away.

10. kicko macrumors 65816

I imagine its a bug with itunes.

I imagine its a bug with itunes.:D

11. bozzykid macrumors 68020

I use to get that a long time ago every once in a while. Restarting the phone always fixed it for me. You definitely don't need to re-download the app. As long as it is updating, just let the notification sit there. It will go away eventually.